Through training and strict operating procedures we attempt to reduce the need for appeals. However, we realise that on occasion there are mitigating circumstances which may be considered. For this reason we have developed a robust system of appeal.
Appeals will only be considered if in writing. See “Method of Appeal”
Note that appeals will be assessed in an objective manner and will only consider the legality of the action and the circumstances.
Please note that every parking charge is documented with photographic/video evidence, which includes a time and date stamp. Please consider this when making your appeal.
Method of appeal
- We are unable to respond to appeals/complaints by telephone or email. All appeals must be received in writing within 28 days of PCN issue date.
- All appeals must include the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) number, car registration number and any supporting documentation to help your representation.
- Appeals must be sent to PO Box 198, Bolton, BL1 9AW.
- We will make every effort to provide a speedy response. Delays can occur during evidence collection from our land owners and operators. Our aim is to resolve any appeals within 28 days.
- Any appealed PCNs will be put on hold whilst the appeals process is ongoing.
- We will write to you to advise of our decision. If your appeal is rejected the PCN becomes payable at the reduced rate for 14 days from the date of shown on the rejection letter.
- If your appeal is rejected by CPS Enforcement (Northern) Ltd you then have the right to appeal our decision to the independent appeals service, POPLA.
- If POPLA turns down your appeal your PCN will be chargable at the full rate.
CPS Enforcement Northern Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner and fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.